Vacancies at Our School
Vacancy for Headteacher - ISR 15-21
The Governing Body of Our Lady & St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is seeking to appoint an outstanding leader to take our wonderful school forward on its journey into excellence. The ideal candidate will have a passion for education; great interpersonal skills; and a compelling vision for the school over the coming years.
Our Lady & St Joseph’s is a one form entry Catholic Primary School situated in Wath-upon-Dearne in Rotherham. Rated as ‘Good’ since 2014, we believe our school offers an outstanding environment and curriculum for our children and staff, and we are proud of the significant achievements secured – including a strong results track-record. We have worked hard to develop our outdoor environment and have developed the Forest School approach across all year groups.
Strengths Identified at last inspection:
“The school environment is impressive…Examples of pupils’ work on display show that they take pride in what they do and rise to your high expectations.” OFSTED 2019
“Pupils behave well…Parents and carers have overwhelming confidence in the support leaders and staff give their children, socially and academically.” OFSTED 2019
“The Catholic Life of Our Lady and St Joseph’s school is outstanding because leaders ensure the school’s mission statement and values are a lived reality that permeate all areas of school life. This is evident in the strong sense of community and the quality of the relationships throughout the school.” Section 48 Report, June 2022
We are looking for a Headteacher who is:
- a practising Catholic
- a role model for pupils and staff
- an exceptional leader and communicator- able to challenge and empower staff to be the best they can be, driving our continued improvement
- able to confidently embrace the challenges and opportunities facing the education sector
- committed to achieving high standards within the school so that no one is left behind
- joyful and positive with a good sense of humour
We can offer you:
- a strong and inclusive Christian ethos
- a warm, welcoming family environment with supportive colleagues
- happy and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- a supportive Governing body and school community
- a well-maintained building and fantastic outdoor provision, with the resources needed to teach effectively
- an innovative leadership team who are driven by simple, effective practice.
Our Lady & St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safe working practices and safeguarding children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to complete pre-employment checks on suitability for working in a school. We also promote equal opportunities and will make reasonable adjustments to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantage a disabled person may face. An enhanced DBS check is required for this position and all qualifications will be verified.
Applicants must complete a Catholic Education Service (CES) application form. These are available directly from the vacancies page on our school website www.ourlady-stjosephs.rotherham.sch.uk/vacancies or via email@example.com. Please return your application with a covering letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Vacancy Information (click on link)
CES Senior Leadership Application Form
Staff Recruitment Privacy Notice
Please note you must use the CES application form and not the Local Authority form.
The School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
14 April 2023
17 April 2023
25 April 2023