What is the PTA?
PTA stands for Parents and Teaching Association. At Our Lady and St.Joseph’s we work with parents and teachers of the school to organise fundraising events for our children and to make learning fun .
We try and meet at least every couple of months to discuss what we've been doing or to plan future events. We organise two main events in the year. The first is Winter Wonderland which is held in December. This is a very family orientated event and the school are a big part of this event as each class makes something special, which is then sold. We also have a few other stalls, tombola, refreshments, raffle and best of all Father Christmas comes!
Our second main event is Family Fun Day which is normally held in July. Again this is family orientated with a variety of stalls, games, bouncy castle, tombola, refreshments, raffle and a few sports activities.
What Events do the PTA organise and support
- Pancake Fun Day - sponsored pancake flipping
- Book Fair - Managing the stall book preview beforehand
- Sports Day - We provide water for the children
- Family Fun Day - Organise and man the stalls
- Winter Wonderland - Organise and man the stalls with the help of teachers
- Ladies Night/Race Nights - Organise the event
- Book in a Jar Competition - Organise the event and buy the prizes
This is where your money has gone over the last five years:
- School trips (Pantomime, paying for coaches) - £500 +
- School hoodies for Year 6 leaver. We pay for this every year, it’s between - £350 - £450 per year.
- Forest school equipment - £200
- Chocolatier visit to school - £250
- KS2 Christmas Production costumes - £140
- Foundation and Year 1 School trip to Wentworth - £200
- Worry Monster Competition - £12
- Book in a Jar Competition - £45
- Dictionaries and atlases through Scholastic Book Fair- Raised £862
- £5000 towards the canopy outside Year 2 and Year 3.
- Musical Instruments - £393.78
- Easter Eggs - £49.50
- Egg hatching For Foundation Stage - £330
Money we have raised in 2019/2020:
- Winter Wonderland - £840
- Book Fair - £828.42 with £497.05 to spend from this year.
- Pancake Day - £1,084.50
- Family Fun Day - £1,023.80
Money we have raised in 2020/2021:
- We have set a just giving page up to help the school this year, due to COVID restrictions we are unable to go into school to any fundraising. (The link is as follows: https://www.gofundme.com/f/olsaj-pta-funding)
- We have also organised a free school uniform shop, to help families out during this difficult time.
- We have a Facebook page which is called “PTA of Our Lady and St Josephs”, you can ask to be added to our page and one of the admin members will approval your request.
My name is Rosie Hudson and I am the chair for the PTA and I have been since September 2018. I currently have 2 children at OLSJ, my son is in Year 6, I also have a 3-year-old daughter who attends Foundation 1. My eldest is in Year 8 at St Pius X.
I have been on the PTA for 6 years as the secretary. I was also on the governing board for 3 years. I am a very bubbly and confident person and I am always happy to hear any new ideas that parents and children have to make our events fun and exciting. I love going into school and helping out and seeing the children's eyes light up especially at Pancake fun day. You can always email me on email@example.com if you have any questions.
My name is Sara Green. I currently have one child at OLASJ, my daughter is in Y8 at secondary school and my son is in Y6.
I have been involved with the PTA for a few years now helping at various events and I became the PTA Secretary in September 2018, when Rosie became the Chair. I really enjoy being involved in fundraising, which benefits all of the children and the school.
My name is Cheryl Freeman and I'm a mum of 4 children who have been attending OLASJ for the last 13 years with my youngest who is in Year one, so I will be here for a few more years! I've only been Treasurer since May 2019. I work full time and also help my husband run his own business; I am also a qualified accountant. I do a lot of charity work in my employment and love getting involved whenever I can.
Click on the links below for copies of our newsletters.